The Docklands Brazilian Jiu Jitsu club is run in a clean and professional environment. We understand that after a long day of work or study, the last thing a person wants to do is to put up with bad behavior and a lack of hygiene. As such we strive to make sure everything is spotless and we run our classes in a positive and professional manner.
- Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Has been practising Jiu Jitsu competitively for over 7 years
- Extensive experience in other martial arts including judo, freestyle wrestling, boxing and Aikido
- Former Australian Junior Powerlifting champion (Powerlifting Australia)
- Works professionally in the analysis and banking industry
- Strong teaching experience in martial arts including Aikido and Brazilan Jiu Jitsu
- Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Has been practising Jiu Jitsu competitively for over 11 years
- Worked extensively in the security and transport industry
- Brown belt in Aikido
- Extensive experience in teaching martial arts ranging from Aikido, Jiu Jitsu and other grappling arts
- With 5 children of his own, Alki is a specialist in teaching children classes
What is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?
For those of you who are not familiar with what Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is, the videos below will help to explain. Of course it is much better to experience Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for yourself so please feel free to come and join us on the mats to give it a try. This is because Jiu Jitsu is really whatever you make it to be!
The first video below of Roy Dean’s Purple Belt examination displays the gentler side of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, while the video at the bottom demonstrates the practical applications of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in professional fighting matches. Docklands Brazilian Jiu Jitsu teaches in a style similar to the Roy Dean video, but as you can see from the second video, Jiu Jitsu can be put to very effective use in a practical setting.
Jiu Jitsu is whatever you make it to be!
A Jiu Jitsu purple belt examination. The softer side of Jiu Jitsu similar in style to Docklands Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.
Practical applications of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in professional fighting events (MMA). Although we practice these techniques, we do so in a much more controlled and safe manner.